Welcome to the eXtension Farm Energy web resource brought to you by University Extension specialists throughout the United States.
Who Are Our Specialists?
The Farm Energy Community of Practice is a virtual, or on-line, community which includes over 240 members from land-grant universities and other agencies, including USDA, SARE, NREL, Sun Grant, ATTRA, NCAT, and state and county governments.
Community members have combined their expertise to provide this eXtension Farm Energy website. It is an information source for farmers and agricultural educators interested in all aspects of farm energy–from conservation and efficiency to renewable energy production.
What Can Be Found?
The eXtension Farm Energy website provides fact sheets, research summaries, case studies, decision tools, worksheets, and many other resources to get started on a range of practices, including:
- Conserving energy through modified farming practices and equipment upgrades
- Growing and producing your own biofuels
- Evaluating feedstocks such as switchgrass, algae and sugar crops
- Calculating wind and solar power potential on your farm
- Objective and practical information on the Sustainable use and production of Farm Energy