Looking for a perennial biomass crop that grows well on marginal land, needs little fertility, and weed management only during establishment? Research on giant miscanthus shows it produces twice the biomass of switchgrass.
Giant miscanthus. Photo: Jeff Skousen.
- Introduction – What Is Giant Miscanthus?
- Current and Potential Use as a Biofuel
- Biology and Adaptation
- Production and Agronomic Information
- Potential Yields (Tonnage and Energy Content)
- Production Challenges
- Environmental/Sustainability Issues
- Additonal Resources
- Contributors to this Article