Through innovations such as new hybrids, delayed flowering, and genomics, plant breeders hope to double biomass yields of switchgrass and other bioenergy crops by 2020.
Funded by AFRI. Learn More.
Table of Contents
- The Attractions of Switchgrass
- New Goals for Plant Breeders
- Going After More Biomass
- Other Genetics Goals
- Creating Biofuels Crops for the Future
- For Additional Information
- Contributors to this Article
As plant breeders develop perennial crops dedicated to bioenergy, they use innovations such …