This curriculum module on Dairy Farm Energy Efficiency covers….
Link to all of the Northeast Farm Energy IQ Curriculum, developed by Extension specialists from Penn State, Rutgers and University of Vermont.
This is part of the Farm Energy Efficiency Curriculum Series:
This module includes:
- Dairy Energy Efficiency – Module Overview.pdf – instructions for presentations to Ag Service Providers (ASP) and Farmers
- Dairy Energy Efficiency – ASP Presentation.pdf
- Dairy Energy Efficiency – ASP Presentation Outline.pdf
- Dairy Energy Efficiency – ASP Handouts.pdf
Video of ASP presentation – Dairy Farm Energy Efficiency – Gary Musgrave; by Rutgers CPE Media Productions
- Dairy Energy Efficiency – Farmer Presentation.pdf
- Dairy Energy Efficiency – Farmer Presentation Outline.pdf
- Dairy Energy Efficiency – Farmer Handouts.pdf
Resources for educators, service providers, and farmers:
- Dairy Energy Efficiency ASP Activity Sheet (with Solution).pdf
- Ludington Calculators.pdf
- Fact Sheet h87 Dairy Farm Energy.pdf – Top 10 Things a Dairy Farmer Can Do To Improve Energy Efficiency; Penn State Cooperative Extension.
- Case Study Otsquago View Farms (NY).pdf
- Case Study Whitelyn Farms (MD).pdf
Module Author: Gary Musgrave, is an Extension Intern for Penn State Extension Renewable Energy and Conservation Programming, specializes in energy markets, and brings over 30 years of experience in the Electrical Utility Industry.
If you wish to adapt these curriculum materials for your own educational purposes, please contact the Module Author for permission and files: