This module covers: value-added producer grant, Renewable Energy for America Program (REAP), biodiesel production costs, biodiesel production revenue, and biodiesel production scenarios.
Learning objectives: Participants will be able to identify the federal assistance programs that can be used for
biodiesel production and explain the different costs involved in biodiesel production, the revenue from meal production and the overall cost of producing biodiesel on a per gallon basis.
Curriculum Materials – Federal Assistance and Economics of On-Farm Biodiesel Production:
- Presentation slides
- Participant handout
- Lesson guide – provides informative notes, test questions, and an evaluation form.
- Federal Assistance Programs for Biodiesel Production, Tennessee State University ANR-B10. 2014.
- Economics of Small-Scale Biodiesel Production, Tennessee State University ANR-B11. 2014.
More Information from other specialists:
- References and Additional Resources for Biomass Training Curriculum
- USDA REAP info, forms and resources
- Factsheets from biomass-economics specialists across the U.S. – eXtension.org
- Training Course: Community Economic Development & Bioenergy Generation – eXtension.org
Module Author Jason de Koff is an Associate Professor of Agronomy and Soil Science for Tennessee State University’s Department of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences. His research focuses on bioenergy crop production, with specific interests in switchgrass and winter canola production. His extension training programs and educational resources provide current bioenergy production information to producers. Find his latest on Twitter: @TSUBioenergy
These training resources are freely available for educational purposes under the terms of Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. Please provide attribution: The Biomass Energy Training Curriculum by Jason de Koff, Tennessee State University; funded by Southern SARE.
If you wish to adapt these curriculum materials for your own educational purposes, please contact the Curriculum Author for permission and files: